Civic Media Launches WCFW-HD2 “93.5 The Tap” in Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls Featuring Anchor Pat Kreitlow
June 4, 2023 at 12:50:50 PM UTC
CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. – Civic Media announces the launch of “93.5 The Tap”, a brand-new News/Talk/Sports formatted radio station.
93.5 The Tap is also the Valley’s first and only HD-FM talk station at WCFW 105.7 FM-HD2. The Tap covers the entire Valley with superior FM-HD and FM analog signals.
93.5 The Tap will feature former WI state senator and long-time Eau Claire TV and radio news anchor Pat Kreitlow. Kreitlow, a Lake Wissota resident, is the founding editor of UpNorthNews (an independent media site separate from Civic Media). Since last year, Kreitlow has hosted “UpNorthNews Radio,” currently heard weekdays 6-8 am across many Wisconsin markets on the Civic Media Network.
After the statewide show ends, Kreitlow will also host ”The Pat Kreitlow Show” from 8-9 am, focusing on news, people, events, and fun across the Chippewa Valley, only on 93.5 The Tap.
“It’s time to bring informative and compelling local news talk back to the Chippewa Valley,” said Kreitlow. “Talk radio got toxic around here a few years back when it lost its way and traded civil, local conversation for the celebration of conflict. It’s time to get back to our roots and give our community a more mainstream, shared voice once again.”
“I asked a media consultant once what they thought of Pat Kreitlow’s radio show. This guy gets paid to find fault. He said, ‘I wouldn’t change a thing.’ And we haven’t. Pat Kreitlow is a uniquely talented host”, said Mike Crute, President-COO of Civic Media.
“The Tap” 93.5 FM broadcasts locally from studios and business offices at 220 1/2 N. Bridge Street, in the heart of downtown Chippewa Falls.
Civic Media is a network of 18 Wisconsin radio stations in 12 distinct news/talk media markets, now including both La Crosse and Eau Claire.
Civic Media is a network of 18 radio stations across Wisconsin in 12 distinct news/talk media markets, now including Chippewa Falls.
93.5 The Tap Weekday Line-up
- 6-8 a.m. – “UpNorthNews Radio” with host Pat Kreitlow
- 8 a.m. – State and local news and sports-extended
- 8-9 a.m. – “The Pat Kreitlow Show”
- 9-10 a.m. – “The Stu Daniels Show”
- 10-noon – “As Goes Wisconsin” with Kristin Brey
- noon – State and local news, weather, and sports, extended
- 12:15-1 p.m. – “Town Call”, moderated by William Walter and Luke Mathers, a daily Wisconsin, Civic Media town hall from around the state.
- 1-3 p.m. – “The Todd Allbaugh Show”
- 3-4 p.m. – “Matt Flynn-Direct”
- 4-6 p.m. – “The Devil’s Advocates” with Crute and Dom
- 5 p.m. – State and local news and sports-extended
- 6-7 p.m. – “The Maggie Daun Show”
- 7-8 p.m. – Weekly rotating programs
- 8-10 p.m. – “The Rick Smith Show”
- 10-11 p.m. – “Native Roots Radio-I’m Awake”
Civic Media is dedicated to providing quality broadcast and digital hometown radio with a focus on local, regional, and state issues, covering the stories that are most relevant to the communities we serve. We believe radio plays a crucial role in our local communities, so we strive to provide programming that advances the understanding and engagement of our audience.